GameFly is a video gaming rental facility that gives you access to thousands of PlayStation 4, Nintendo Wii U, Xbox One, Nintendo 3DS, and PS Vita console games. Also the GameFly offers games from older consoles including PlayStation 2, Nintendo GameCube, and Nintendo Gameboy Advance.
How does GameFly work?
When you start your 30 day free trial and create your rental account than you will have access to thousands of games and movies that you can rent right away. To start, add a game or movie that you want into your “My GameQ”. As the games / movies become available, GameFly will automatically ship them out to you. You will be able to keep the games and movies for as long as you want.
After you are done playing or get bored with the games, simply send them back using the free prepaid shipping mailer. And after receiving your games, GameFly will automatically send you the next available games that are available in your queue. You also have the option to keep the games forever by purchasing the games at a discount price. The process is simple and should not take you too long to grasp.
When adding games and movies to your queue, make sure that you are putting the games and movies that you want to receive first on the top of the list.
The GameFly offers you 2 different monthly plans. First one is $15.95 and the second is $22.95 a month. All new members get a 30-day free trial
- One-game or movie rented at a time will cost you $9.50 a month for the first three months, and then $15.95 a month thereafter.
- Two-games or movies rented at a time will cost you $13.50 a month for the first three months, and then $22.95 a month thereafter.
There are no other fees associated with the service and you can cancel your membership whenever you want. You do not pay for the shipping. All shipping fees are paid by GameFly.
I like the idea of being able to rent two games or movies at a time as it reduces the amount of time that I have to wait to receive a new game. But, it will come down to your preference and budget.
- You’ve the choice to save money by renting video games and movies when compared to purchasing the games and movies at full price.
- You have a huge selection of games and movies that are available for rent – over 8,000 games from leading gaming consoles including PS4, Xbox One, and Wii U.
- Shipping is free and fast – there are five shipping locations throughout the United States.
- You have the option to keep the games for as long as you want.
- You can keep the game by purchasing it at a discounted price.
- You’ve to wait for games that are recently released, but it all depends on when you add the game to your queue.
- For the reason that thousands of other members rent and play the same games, not all games will arrive in the perfect condition. Some games may show signs of wear and tear and may not even work.
- Swapping out games is slow. The reversal for returning a game and then getting a new one takes about a week.
- The streaming feature is limited to select devices.